12 String Electric Guitar:
This 12 string electric guitar is a pet project of Tom's, and was designed completely in house using our Ideas solid modeler and machined from solid 6061-T6 plate aluminum using Ideas Generative Machining. This innovate guitar has the following features:
design with tuners on bridge.
· Full size 25 1/2 inch scale length using standard off the shelf Steinberger strings.
· Ergonometric minimalist body design feels good on a strap and is comfy in the lap.
· Unique rocking lever tuning mechanism with ball thrust bearings on each tuner knob
· Neck and body carved from one piece for strength, lightness, maximum sustain.
· Stressed skin and diaphragm construction; completely hollowed out, weight completely outfitted is 6 lbs.
· No truss rod; fretboard machined with 12 inch radius and .015 relief.
· EMG active 707 pickups with volume, tone and special EMG resonant peak EQ control.
· Individual string saddles allow completely independent height and intonation adjustment for each string.
· True zero fret, frets made from spring temper stainless steel.
· Extra wide neck; 2.0 inches at the nut, for fat fingers.
· Custom design black epoxy inlay fret markers.
The guitar met our wildest expectations as to form, fit, finish, and function, with an astonishingly easy action, and a truly unique and wonderful tone.